Amy's Reviews > Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 4

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 4 by Kanata Konami

May 19, 2012

bookshelves: childrens, childrens-chapter-books, graphic-novels, reviewed
Recommended to Amy by: Pam
Read from May 25 to 30, 2012

I love that my eight year old niece loves Chi's Sweet Home. She is reading these on her own, and not only reading them, begging me to supply her with another. I can't get them for her fast enough! I hadn't seen the child for five days, and when I picked her up today, the first thing out of her mouth was, "Auntie, do you have another Chi book for me today?!" She informed me that, "All the Chi books get five stars."

Oh, and I like these books, too. The author has really studied cat behavior, and has done an excellent job of showing us the world through a cat's eyes!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 4.

05/25/2012 "I read this one to myself last night, and found it to be as pleasing as volume 1. There was a bit of a translation gaff in one part, though, in which the translator refers to Chi as "pissed." In a children's book! My niece loves these books, so I guess this will provide us with an opportunity to discuss how translating works can sometimes add to (or detract from) a story."