Nora's Reviews > Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny  Lawson

May 19, 12

Read in May, 2012

Lawson writes a generally funny memoir about growing up in rural Texas. It's not Tina Fey funny, but I laughed out loud a few times, even on the bus!

***

In rural Texas pretty much everyone has a gun cabinet. Unless they're gay. Then they have gun armoires (404, Kindle Edition).

"One of you will probably not survive your father's enthusiasm. Most likely it will be Lisa, since she's smaller and can't run as fast, but she is quite good at hiding in small spaces, so really it's anyone's game" (666, Kindle Edition).

I've been really focused on my anorexia, which is one of the best mental illnesses to have, because at least you look hot while you're starving yourself to death (1177, Kindle Edition).

Gay people are just like you and me, except better. Except for the ones who are boring, or are assholes. Avoid them (1229, Kindle Edition).

I wish for her to have love, and just enough heartbreak to appreciate it (4645, Kindle Edition).

You are defined not by life's imperfect moments, but by your reaction to them (4669, Kindle Edition).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let's Pretend This Never Happened.