Booklover, Indianapolis's Reviews > Hunting Season

Hunting Season by Shelly Laurenston

F_50x66
I'm not sure what it is about this book - I know a lot of fans do not like this one - but I absolutely love it. Not quite as funny as a lot of SL's books - a bit darker, perhaps, but I find myself rereading this at least twice a year and enjoying it every time. I think I'm in love w/Yeager and Neecy both! It kills me that SL does not plan to continue the series - if nothing else, at least tell Mike and Arri's story as well as Janelle and Tye's! Maybe one day - but then again, the last couple of shifter books have been not that great (dragons continue well but are getting more and more convoluted - I'll cry if she screws up Eibhear's the Blue's book!) - I'd rather her not go back to the Crows and Ravens if she's not going to write them well (but if she did...awesome!). The sexystuff in this book is really hot too - that's something else that has disappeared from both her shifter and dragon books the last couple of years...sigh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunting Season.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB I still need to read this one!

Booklover, Indianapolis I think this one is a lot like Here Kitty Kitty which is one of my favorites by SL. I have it in a PDF if you want me to email it to you - you can load onto your Kindle (although sometimes PDF's dont load well). Let me know.

message 3: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB Thanks booklover but I own it already, I got really behind on keeping track of books I own but haven't read. With the baby, when I have free time I read so my book organization has suffered.

I love the hillbilly tigers in Here Kitty Kitty

Booklover, Indianapolis It's not so much that they are hillbilly like - but the relationships between Yeager and his buddies and between Neecy and Yeager just remind me of Kitty. How is that beautiful baby? I'm very impressed how well read you continue to be w/an infant!

message 5: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB He is getting big! He is 8 weeks old today. I get 95% of my reading done while he is nursing or asleep, I just read on the Kindle for iPhone app.

Here is a pic from yesterday:

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

message 6: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Squueeeeeeee! He is adorable!

message 7: by Holly (new) - added it

Holly It looks like he is wearing big floppy puppy ears. So cute!

message 8: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB Aww thanks girls! The seat is a Snug a Bunny seat

Booklover, Indianapolis So cute! How can he be 8 weeks already? Then again, how is it my baby is officially a high schooler as of yesterday when school ended?!