Booklover, Indianapolis's Reviews > Making Chase

F 50x66
May 19, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, own-in-e-format, read-in-2012
Read in May, 2012

(May) The final installment in the Chase Brothers series. I loved Tate most of the time - great heroine. I like how LD writes her books over a period of months or longer, so the love makes sense - it's not just meet/love/marriage in two weeks. That said, there seems to be a lot of telling instead of showing in her books - and her "villains" are really over the top - I mean, really - women in their 30's harrassing someone for being poor or fat - just didn't ring true (I thought for sure the mean-girl-ring-leader (name escapes me) would turn out to be Tate biological half sister, thus explaining why mean girl hated her so much). The family is also a bit too good to be true - the brothers all are so insightful as is the father, there is an incredible amount of introspection and sharing of feelings - do men really talk like that?! Some people consider these erotic, but to me they were just normal romances. One thing I didn't get, though - Tate was able to get away from home, come up with the money to pay off her dad to take the kids, start a business (that she shared profits of with two of her sisters), help pay for groceries, college, extras, bribes to dad, etc. - I didn't realize small town hair salons were that profitable! Overall, though, I enjoyed the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Making Chase.