Melinda's Reviews > I Suck at Girls

I Suck at Girls by Justin Halpern

May 19, 12

I completely adored Sh*t My Dad Says as it had me laughing out loud throughout hysterically. I was excited to read Halpern's new book. I got the sample and it had a few laugh out loud moments and along with the video clip that was kinda cute I decided to get the extended version. I was sadly, disappointed in the book. The funniest parts were when his dad was involved but that didn't happen that much in the book. The video clips looked staged and ridiculously boring. Oh well.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Suck at Girls.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin Hey Melinda, sorry you didn't enjoy this as much as the first. But thank you for taking a read.

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric Higginbotham Justin, my wife (Melinda) is now completely wracked with guilt, knowing you read her review. You should know that line about about your Dad having a bugger-free car made her laugh so hard, that alone was worth the price of the book. Keep doing your thing. You made me cry like a little girl with your first book.

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin Ha! No guilt necessary. I try my best to make things work and some people like it, and some people don't. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and the book just didn't work for Melinda. Completely understandable. Tell her I appreciate her reading it. One thing I will say, I can promise you the video clips weren't staged at all. That was just me, my dad, and the camera. I edited it down, but not much more. Anyway, thanks for the response! I always like hearing from readers.