Sophie's Reviews > Trickster's Queen

Trickster's Queen by Tamora Pierce

May 28, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction, read-in-2012, young-adult
Read from May 14 to 27, 2012, read count: 1

Aw. Pierce always ends her stories on such a sweet note.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trickster's Queen.

05/20/2012 page 78
16.0% ""...there will be two lunar eclipses and a solar eclipse this summer..." Well, that's just astronomically impossible." 1 comment
05/20/2012 page 133
27.0% "Darkings!!"
05/22/2012 page 262
53.0% "ZEE PLOT THICKENZ"
05/25/2012 page 370
75.0% ""She picked up chair." Hee, Darkings are funny." 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Fuchsia Rascal So, what do you think of the "white savior" storyline? In the second book, Aly takes a backseat a little and is more of a helper than a savior, in my opinion, but the first book definitely starts off that way. But still, the raka already had a plan they were setting in motion, just that Aly didn't know it. And when she learned it, she went along with that plan, didn't throw it out and tell everyone to do things her way or anything, and instead just incorporated her own individual expertise into their plans. So although I don't think she's a white savior *exactly*, she definitely walks the line.

I do think this story should've been told from the point of view of one of the raka conspirators [Chenaol or even Dove, although her involvement doesn't come in until much later], which probably would've reduced the "white savior" aspect considerably, but I understand why Tammy wrote it from Aly's POV to give that connection to previous series.

Sophie Yeah, I didn't think it was too bad. I dunno. I would like to see something told from Dove's point of view. I liked her a lot.