Cindy's Reviews > The Way of Kings

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

May 19, 12

Read in May, 2012

I just finished this book. It was absolutely wonderful, Brandon Sanderson created a world all his own. Although at first I found it hard to "picture" the alien plant-life and Spren (fairy creatures that feed off of the emotions of men) initially, I soon was engulfed in a world that would not be right without them. Just an amazing story for any lover of fantasy.

Two down sides, one:
If you thrive for a story so perfect that even the fashion resonates, and beautiful characters decked out in the latest greatest abound, then you may be disappointed with the plethora of under-groomed (i.e. eyebrows that are swept back behind the ear ...YIPES) and ill dressed (Lace on men...yeah I know) people that dwell within this world.

And the biggest down side is:
The book is sooooo addictive you are immediately going to search for the second book of this trilogy set, and like me you are going to be extremely heartbroken to hear that the next book won't be coming out until 2013 sometime. I had the same reaction to George R.R. Martins Game of Thrones books.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way of Kings.