Elle Van der Mayer's Reviews > City of Heavenly Fire

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

No. No. No!!!! *sobbing* I don't want it to end!! *hysterically sobbing*
It was fucking perfect.
I love when some stories come to a full circle!
I love how everyone got what they rightfully deserved.
Not going to lie... I cried like a baby in some part. (view spoiler)
There's the intro to new characters: Emma Carstairs and Julian Blackthorn
Also re-introduction of old beloved ones: Brother Zachariah aka Jem Carstairs and Tessa Gray!

There will be questions raised, where it seems like their part of the story is incomplete... But that's what makes it perfect. It leaves an open possibility to the story instead of tying everything into a pretty little bow. That is why I love Cassie.

This story tries to define the big L word. The lengths we go to in order to justify what we feel, as well as the sacrifices we are willing to make - all the hurt and the pain, and it did a pretty amazing job. No words.

It's been a long, wild, roller coaster ride. No doubt, I will ride it again and again...

My eyes watered when I saw 2014! What the FUCK man! The TWO WHOLE YEARS of waiting to find out what happens to Jace, Clary, Magnus, Alec and the gang is going to be TORTURE! Now everybody just has to satisfy their needs for our fuck-awesome Shadowhunters by rereading and rereading and rereading TMI and TID. *sigh* C'mon Cassie, please, please, PLEASE move the date up!

5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Heavenly Fire.

06/03/2014 marked as: currently-reading
79.0% "Is it bad that I actually have some empathy for Sebastian? He just wants to love someone... Granted, he's fucking evil and shit.... Still. I don't know. I'm fucking crazy."
06/03/2014 marked as: read

Mikayla I love how you italicized Magnus and Alec's name. ^-^ I think that's the only couple that's worth freaking over about to fans!