William Thomas's Reviews > Chew, Vol. 5: Major League

Chew, Vol. 5 by John Layman

May 19, 12

Read in April, 2012

Chew is essentially a novelty book whose novelty is wearing off right around now. The saving grace is the fact that Layman has written great characters that we have come to not only know, but love over the last 20 or so issues, which makes up for the fact that the story lines are wearing tremendously thin. Like that part in Disney's Mickey and the Beanstalk where Mickey, Goofey and Donald all have to share a bean between them and Donald can see right through his 1/3? its getting to be like that. Very little sustenance left in this book, puns intended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chew, Vol. 5.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jim I just finished this arc on an issue by issue basis and felt the exact same way. I'm going to keep reading, but I felt like the resolution of the story was so fast and easy, as if the 5 issues contained one or two issues worth of content. Still going to keep reading the series though in hopes that this is just a lull.

William Thomas Yeah, I'll keep it up for a bit the same way I did Fables, but soon I can see it becomng intolerable.

Dave-o My girlfriend started reading Fables a while back. She breezed through the first 7 or 8 but stopped dead then even though there are unread books on the shelf.

I haven't read any of it. I looked at the first three pages and got bored.