Timothy Morrow's Reviews > The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Tales of Terror

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Tales o... by Robert Louis Stevenson

May 19, 12

Read in May, 2012

I went into this book knowing that it shouldn't be like any of the terrible adaptions on television, I was partly wrong. Indeed, the horrible Mr. Hyde was not the giant grotesque monster I saw on tv, nor was the story very close to anything they tried in Hollywood. The similarity between the book and televisions, Jekyll/Hyde, was that I was not amused with either. The concept and the idea of the story is amazing and beautiful, a man fighting between good and evil within himself, and the idea of a man changing into a strong monster and causing havoc before changing back to the weak scientist. I am terribly intrigued by the said above, what I wasn't pleased with, was what I read. The issue I would say would be the writing, he preformed the story extremely well I thought, but the way he wrote, at least in this novel, made me quite disturbed. His writing was a form between H.G Wells, and a less talented Oscar Wilde. I for one was put off by it, and made it quite difficult to read....Timothy~
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Tales of Terror.