Karen's Reviews > Sunshine Every Morning

Sunshine Every Morning by Dorothy Glenn

May 19, 12

bookshelves: garlock, funny, relationships, romance
Read in May, 2012

Sunshine Every Morning by Dorothy Garlock, writing as Dorothy Glenn is a fun romance between two older people who rushed into first marriages, both ending in divorce. They meet in a hospital shortly after Gaye loses her baby. She becomes attached to the baby she reluctantly agreed to breast feed that was abandoned by its mother and grandma, MacDougle. Jim Trumbull, MacDougle’s grandfather, has custody of him and falls in love with Gaye as he sees her forming a bond with his grandson. Gaye has strong reservations about becoming too attached to the baby and feels herself falling in love with the grandfather against her better judgment.

I enjoyed the humor in this book and the blustery Jim Trumbull who was a very interesting character, big, rugged, passionate, boisterous, yet gentle although impatient. He and Gayle had some funny dialogue which I enjoyed, but could have done without the explicit sex scenes. I think someone who has been in a bad marriage or is into babies would like this book and enjoy it more than I did.
(Karen's review)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sunshine Every Morning.