Maria's Reviews > Bed of Roses

Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts

May 20, 12

bookshelves: romance
Read on May 19, 2012, read count: 1

I don't know much about flowers so the visuals were a bit tougher for me in this book. The ongoing enthusiasm of the four partners more than offsets that, however. Jack and Emma, as a couple, did not quite hit any buttons. Emma, we are told, is a died-in-the-wool romantic while Jack is an in-the-moment guy, never thinking in terms of romance or commitment. Yet their actions appeared to be just the opposite. Emma is impulsive and lusty and their dates are all about the moment, yet it is Jack who puts the romance into their dates as they proceed. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not. It may have been. If so, the readers got to see the two leads changing character to become more like the other as their relationship progresses. BUT, when Emma implodes, she runs, which was not at all expected. Up until then, she was pretty much the in-your-face type when it came to confrontations. Not only does she run, but she puts Jack in an untenable situation by keeping herself unavailable to work things out. All in all, the book is unpredictable and a bit confusing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bed of Roses.