Margarida's Reviews > The Woman Who Died a Lot

The Woman Who Died a Lot by Jasper Fforde

Aug 02, 12

bookshelves: to-read
Read in July, 2012

Jasper Fforde is back with the Park-Laine-Next family with Fforde showing us he is back to being the master writer and humorist, ( well back from the last book which I found a tad disappointing) that so many of us love.

The next installment in this wild & weird family saga has v.real false memories; smarter doppelgangers’ who have sex on their mind; time travelers’ who are relegated to a life more ordinary; and all the stress that goes with changing jobs and finding out what happens to imaginary friends when no one believes in them anymore – but what can you expect when your heroine can travel in books, is related to some of the most brilliant people on the planet and has a pet Dodo bird.

This is a convoluted story with threads woven in some crazy pattern that only Fforde can manage and make readable. If this was a race, it would be a sprint, no down time or pondering what if. For those who adore Fforde, he is back, but if you have never read any of this series before, do yourself a favour and start at the beginning (but miss book 6).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Woman Who Died a Lot.