Janet's Reviews > Facebook For Dummies

Oct 31, 08

bookshelves: essay-general-nonfic
Read in October, 2008

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Facebook For Dummies.

message 1: by elissa (new)

elissa No!

Janet Meaning? Haven't cracked it open, by the way, it's just sitting on my desk at work, in case I'm inspired, which so far I am not!

message 3: by elissa (new)

elissa I guess I'm just surprised that this even exists. I love Facebook, but whatever I figure out is whatever I figure out, and there are some things that I don't care to pay much attention to. The applications are mostly not anything that interest me, and it especially irks me that they have access to your information once you add them. I won't add any of them unless they have a privacy policy. I guess, now that I'm going on and on, I'd be interested to see what this book says about Facebook applications that don't have privacy policies. :)

Janet Well, since I'm not all that excited about the book either, I can't tell you ;-) But really, Elissa, as a librarian, haven't you seen that a book is published about everything under the sun?!

message 5: by elissa (new)

elissa I'd be in a bad mood if I tried to read so many one star books so close together. :) Too bad this wasn't real helpful.

Janet Nah, it wasn't useful at all. And actually in a way, it was helpful to have such a bad batch of books--at least they were all returned pretty much on time. ;-)

message 7: by elissa (new)

elissa Ha ha about returning books on time! Yeah, librarians are horrible at that. I renew things way, way too many times.

I'm at home with the kids today and tomorrow (they have school off both days), so it's time to make some more Obama calls!