Jenny Franklin's Reviews > Angel Evolution

Angel Evolution by David Estes

May 22, 12

Read on May 19, 2012

I recieved Angel Evolution, the author David Estes, through The Nexus's Author's Requesting Reviewers program on GoodReads. I would first like to thank the author for offering it. I was plesently surprised and loved his different take on Angels and Demons. When I went into the book I was expecting something completly different and I liked that as the story went on I had to forget about everything I knew about the typical angel vs. demon and wrap my brain around the authors vision of what they were, which was amazing.
You first meet Taylor, a young woman who has just started at UT college with her best friend Sam. Sam is a gorgeous "cheer learder" type girl where as Taylor is more unique in apperance, opposites personalities attract sometimes right? Taylor is out on the lawn looking for a 4 leaf clover to prove that she is supposed to be there when a "glowing" Gabriel (the angel) shows up and after she meets him, she feels uneasy about him, but why?When you meet Christoper (the demon)in the story (who was one of my favorite characters, I thought he was the most well rounded charcters in the book) you find out that Gabriel isn't what he seems and ultimately Taylor has to decide if she can trust him or not.This book had me wondering one thing the whole time: werethe angels or the demons the bad guys?
Angel Evolution is a wonderful and quick read. I had it finished in 2 nights and I loved the surprises it had. I would recommend it to anyone who likes YA books and people who would like a different take on an angel vs demon book. I am now going to get the second and third book because I just have to keep going.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Evolution.