Jessica's Reviews > Adorkable

Adorkable by Sarra Manning

Jun 01, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own, young-adult-romance
Read from May 24 to 28, 2012

I love quirky characters and quirky stories, and Adorkable is definitely one of those books. Everything about Jeane and her life is so dorky yet adorable, hence the title Adorkable.

Jeane is a British blogger who has built a media empire around her brand Adorakable. She has thousands of readers and has a style that is completely her own. She doesn't care if people make fun of her orange tights or gray hair, which is what I loved about her. You never know what Jeane's going to say next, and whatever she does say is bound to surprise you.

But Jeane's life isn't all that glamorous. She lives alone while she attends high school and her sister is in America and her parents are divorced are on opposites sides of the world. Some teenagers would love to live all lone with no parents, but sometimes the dream isn't as good as reality. Jeane's high profile life catches up with her and the only person that seems to be there for her is Mr. Popular, Michael Lee. The only thing that they have in common is their exes cheated on them with each other. Yet Michael Lee can't seem to get the crazy blogger out of his mind. And Jeane can't stop thinking about the stereotypical popular jock. How can two completely opposite people stand being in the same room? Well, if they're snogging (which is a word my American auto-correct doesn't even recognize :( ) of course! Jeane and Michael's relationship is so strange and random, yet it seems to fit Jeane perfectly.

I connected with this story so much and love how it's about a blogger! It's so interesting how Sarra Manning created such an up-to-date story that really explores the blogging world. And the fact that it's in England isn't so bad either, because I love anything to do with England :) Haha, but seriously, this book is so good!! Jeane reminds me a lot of Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins and I think any fan of that book needs to check this out. Or any blogger for that matter. It's so cool being able to read a book about someone like that!

So basically what I've been trying to say is that you need to read this book. Now. Because it's awesome and totally not like anything I've read before. So check it out now! You'll love it :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Adorkable.