Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews's Reviews > The Incubus Song

bookshelves: paranormal, alternative-world, kink
Read in May, 2012

4 1/2 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Eroc is an Incubus who has been given the task of getting Dante to enter into a contract for his soul. Unfortunately, Eroc isn’t quite as impervious to the humans’ charms as he thought. Dante inadvertently enters the contract, but he decides to make the best of it as there is no way out.

This is quite a fast-moving novella with a good twist and a very happy ending. Eroc has to get Dante to enter a contract for his soul, but he also has to ensure he does it right after his last mistake. Dante is in a band who wants to hit it big, when he comes across someone in his dressing room he mistakes them for a groupie, to his instant regret. Now Eroc and Dante come to a truce, but Eroc has to go to further lengths to ensure his feelings don’t engage and Dante wants nothing more than for Eroc to let his emotions go.

I really enjoyed this cute novella of an Incubus who needs to gather souls for their King. But, his emotions start to become involved and he has to try to stop them from becoming further entangled. We also has a human who inadvertently agrees to that contract, because he isn’t thinking with his big head *wink wink*. But, what we also have is two men coming together and making beautiful music together (what! They do, it’s a good song), as well as some spectacular sex.

The progression of the story is really quick, over the course of just a couple of days. But, there is a reason as to why it happens so quickly (I’m just not gonna tell you *g*). You get a good feeling for both Dante and Eroc, as we share head space with both of them, and they do make a great couple. They are really hot together in the sack, and we see a little power play (kink, D/s) but it isn’t too heavy and it works really well for them. We also have a little twist at the end when we meet the Incubus King (who sounds interesting).

So if you love Incubi, musicians, slightly D/s sex, hot sex, loopholes, invalidating contracts and happy ever afters, then this is the book for you.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Incubus Song.