Ellen's Reviews > The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag

bookshelves: mystery-flavia-de-luce, bradley
Read in May, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars The Golden age of Mysteries is Back, May 18, 2012
By Ellen Rappaport (Florida) - See all my reviews

This review is from: The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag: A Flavia de Luce Novel (Flavia de Luce Mysteries) (Paperback)
I'm truly at a loss for words. This author, Mr. Bradley, is a story teller in the purest sense. He belongs on the same shelf with John Dickson Carter or Phoebe Atwood Taylor authors from the golden Age of mysteries. Each character in Flavia's life has a story that brings us, the reader, into a closer relationship with this fabulous series. Flavia's empathy for Dogger and understanding of his past opens the way to her inner self as well as Doggers'. Both of them part of a real family. The childish abuse by flavia's sisters, such utter nonsense and yet so life like. Gladys, Flavia's trusty bicycle that she rides pell mell over hill and dale.

All these individuals and more make up portions of this finely woven fabric that brings to life our focal point...Flavia.

This review will be my shortest to date. all I can say is buy either the book, or purchase it for your Nook or Kindle so you can savor every page at your leisure. This is a story that should not be rushed. Enjoy every word of it. This series and Flavia is a treasure.

Lastly this author used NO obscene language, no blood & gore and no explicit sex.

Enjoy.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag.