Nardsbaby Reader's Reviews > Good Christian Bitches

Good Christian Bitches by Kim Gatlin

May 19, 2012

Read from May 19 to 20, 2012

Resiliency

Amanda Vaughn is between a divorce and relocating back to her hometown in Dallas, Texas while trying to maintain her sanity. She picked Hillside Park, the community her parents raised her in and the community in which her mother and most of her friends still reside.

It’s been twelve years since Amanda has been a Texan. But she’s never forgotten her roots, and she’s looking forward to some southern hospitality. Unbeknownst to Amanda, she has a target on her back. The town is abuzz with details of her divorce, her husband’s extramarital affairs, and the rumor mill keeps adding sections to the list. Willing to turn a blind eye on the gossip, Amanda has a tough exterior and continues to push forward. When the nasty insults and attacks start to affect her children, it’s time that Amanda starts fighting with the power of prayer.

GOOD CHRISTIAN BITCHES is chock full of drama, schemes and mystery. I love the way Amanda learns to reevaluate life. Special is the newfound friendship Amanda and her mother share.

Initially, I learned about the TV series and what GCB stood for and that it was inspired by a book. After the first episode aired, I knew that I had to read this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good Christian Bitches.

05/19/2012 page 14
5.0% "idle gossip in any form can be so damaging to someone."
05/19/2012 page 29
10.0% "They say a woman's loyalty only lasts as long as it takes her to hang up and dial again."
05/20/2012 page 239
86.0% "You can be a good Christian, or you can be a bitch. But you can't be a good Christian bitch."
05/20/2012 page 253
91.0% "You're only as happy as your unhappiest child."
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Karma (new)

Karma Jones I have been watching the tv show! I like.. it reminds me of desperate housewives with a church setting. Let me know hw the book is.

message 2: by Leona (new)

Leona Romich Interesting title