Carrie's Reviews > The Pirate King

The Pirate King by R.A. Salvatore

Nov 03, 08

Read in November, 2008

Ugh. What a chore this book was. It took me three weeks to finish and there were many days I didn't even pick it up. This is one of my favorite series, my favorite character and it was just awful. Salvatore is getting ridiculously boring in his later novels. Pages and pages and pages...and pages of intrigue. I'm incapable of skimming, I have to attempt to understand EVERYthing and sometimes my brain doesn't latch on. The last 40 pages of the book were somewhat interesting with the big reveal/reunion with old characters I was happy to see come back but so disappointed their appearances were relegated to cameos; near death scenes but with the hokey escape; a surprising death (Salvatore is less afraid to kill people now). It was a let down. By far the worst book of the series - it makes Seige of Darkness looks great and I've long maintained that book was the dud of the series. And besides all this, I had to walk around with a book called THE PIRATE KING for 3 weeks. People must have thought I was reading a bad romance or fanfic about Captain Jack Sparrow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pirate King.