Deborah's Reviews > Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea

Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler

Jun 05, 12

bookshelves: humor, poop, didnt-finish-reading
Read from May 15 to 20, 2012

I couldn't do it. I guess I could have finished this book, but decided to slam this book shut. There are too many well-written books out there calling my name. If I could have given this book a negative rating I would have.

I actually created a Goodreads folder today called "poop" and put this one in it following the point in the book where it reached into (SPOILER ALERT) the realm of animal abuse (I believe bestiality with an innocent pet is a form of abuse), and there is no way in this world I will ever think that's funny.

People who know me know that I can laugh at raunchy things, but for the love all things funny, WTH was this person thinking trying to make jokes out of bestiality, abortion, midgets, and Persians?

So, call me a prude. I don't care. I believe there are some things worth saving in this world, and one of them is some semblance of humanity, where adults act as though they can control themselves.

---

Previous Review: I don't think I'm going to make it through this book. I can take raunchiness in small doses, but an entire book of it really is too much. It's losing its humor and becoming distasteful.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.

message 1: by Stacey (new)

Stacey I read this and it will be my last. I tried to get into Chelsea, Chelsea, Bang, Bang and gave it up. The whole midget thing creeps me out. I really liked the first one and keep hoping that something good will appear, but no luck.

message 2: by Deborah (last edited May 18, 2012 11:15PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Deborah The midget thing is pretty creepy. Today I ran across the half-Persian guy who let the dog lick him. That's what did it for me.

Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel!

message 3: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Agreed!

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Rossman Triple agree. I don't get it!

message 5: by Stacey (new)

Stacey I want to check out your poop.

Deborah Stacey wrote: "I want to check out your poop."

LOL!