Rebecca Graf's Reviews > 50 Ways to Live Life Consciously: 8 Tools and 42 Concepts to Help You Wake-Up and Live

50 Ways to Live Life Consciously by Christine Agro

May 23, 2012

Read from May 18 to 23, 2012

Picture
Life is not always easy. So many things get in the way of us enjoying it and moving forward. Christine Agro brings to the reader in her book 50 Ways to Live Life Consciously an abundance of suggestions of ways to improve your life and enjoy it.

Ms. Agro’s book addresses how we live holistically. Heavy with the spiritual side of ourselves, she also pulls in the emotional and the physical sides. I saw this as a spiritual book though not a religious one. Keep that in mind. I opened up the book coming from a Christian standpoint and found a few sections of her book that I did not agree with. She discusses the energy within and surrounding a person. But even within those sections that did not appeal to my spiritual stance, I found an enormous amount of information to use.

One section really touched personally with me was how as a person we respond emotionally. Comments made by others are allowed to control us. They bring us down. They depress us. They determine the courses of our lives. Ms. Agro stresses being neutral and not allowing others to come in and get us focused on the wrong things. I am one to take everything personally and hear the messages behind all words and actions. Only recently had I begun to shake that unhealthy relationship with people, but Ms. Agro’s book made it clearer as for the first time I saw what I wanted out of life in print.

This is a book to help you find yourself in life and shed those burdensome weights that life puts on us. We find that we have allowed so much to affect us and get us off a healthy course. Ms. Agro addresses letting the inner child out, finding wisdom, learning to balance yourself holistically, and other contemplative topics.

This is a book that anyone can obtain valuable information from though you might not agree completely with some of the concepts. Just know that going in as you read it and you’ll find so much to help you in life that you’ll find yourself reading the book over again.

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I am a member of The Virtual Book Tour Cafe' and a copy of this book was provided to me by the author. Although payment may have been received by The Virtual Book Tour Cafe', no payment was received by me in exchange for this review nor was there an obligation to write a positive one. All opinions expressed here are entirely of my own and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, the book's publisher and publicist or the readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 50 Ways to Live Life Consciously.

05/18/2012 page 13