Adriana Bookologist's Reviews > Masters at Arms

Masters at Arms by Kallypso Masters

Master at Arms by Kallypso Masters

What a great way to start a series. The prequels were all wonderful and showed me how their individual stories and journeys began. This is my first book by this author and I really got a feel for her writing style which I loved. She writes smoothly and the transition from one section to another went seamlessly.

Prequel to Adam’s story Nobody’s Hero

Adam is just yummy and the way he is described in this section and how he is dealing with the loss of his wife is so touching. Fate has him in the right place at the right time to save a young Karla from danger. This chance encounter intern saves Adam by giving him a reason to go on with his life. Maybe it’s because he is the oldest and closer to my age but I believe I’m going to love his story the most.

Prequel to Damian’s story Nobody’s Perfect

Damian comes from the poor side of town and has had some hard knocks in his young life. A chance encounter with a beautiful young girl becomes the pivotal change in his life. Savannah is so broken and has given up but when Damian rescues her from a very bad scene she see that not all men are evil. Yep…this story’s going to keep me up all night reading.

Prequel to Marc’s story Nobody’s Angel

Marc is dealing with issues of responsibility to his family versus what he wants out of life for himself. All I can say is when the opening scene is him turning down the stereo that is playing Bocelli I was hooked. Anyone who listens to Andrea Bocelli has great taste! I can personally attest to the fact that Bocelli in concert is magnificent! I think Marc’s story will be interesting and like with all the others in this series smoking hot!

This story then describes how these three prequels intertwined and added more depth to these men and this series. I really enjoyed how it all started and I didn’t feel that they were disjointed but seamless from one to the other. I’ve already purchased Nobody’s Angel and Nobody’s Hero and I’m waiting for Nobody’s Perfect to be available

I recommend reading this book first to truly enjoy and understand this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Masters at Arms.