Jennifer Marie's Reviews > Airborn

Airborn by Kenneth Oppel

Sep 23, 08

bookshelves: 2008-books, adventure, ya-2008, audios
Read in September, 2008

I'm listening to this book and it's a "full cast" recording. I have to say it makes it interesting. The few books I've listened to that are "full cast" have really been growing on me. It's like a "play" production with just words--and since I love words I've taken quite a liking to these audios.

The story itself isn't bad. It's a little slow to get going, but on the other hand you really almost need this information "before" hand...the whole Science Fiction/Fantasy mentality - you just know you're going to get a little slower beginning because there's so much you need to understand "before" the main dilemma starts.

The protagonist is likable and his actions believable. The partnership between him and Kate works well. She's the more bold and darning one in some respects--which I think makes their relationship/friendship fun. It kind of reverses the stereotypes.

Overall I enjoyed the story. The author does a good job of adding tension, though sometimes it moved just a little too slow for me, overall it was enjoyable.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Airborn.

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie Fisher You are putting me to SHAME with this reading stuff! Are you making up for lost time during the writing program? Because I am really missing my time to just sit down and read a dang book ;(

Jennifer Marie Haha- Audio books and a desk job. Well a good portion of my day is spent drawing at the computer when I'm not at site visits, so I pop in audio books and I can get through a couple books a week on a good week, but I usually get through at least one a week. And I started reading like crazy like this when I started the program. Though I've by far exceeding my # of books read from last year :) Usually 2/3 of my books read for the year are audio books, so that makes a big difference.