Montana G.'s Reviews > Glitch

Glitch by Heather Anastasiu

Sep 26, 12

Read in June, 2012

I was really excited to receive this book from Netgalley, since it sounded amazing! :) It was a pretty awesome read!

Glitch is about a society where people have chips implanted that don’t let them feel any emotion or really think for themselves. Zoe has no problems with that system until she starts glitching, and she experiences her own emotions. There are also two other glitchers, Adrien and Max, that complicate a lot of things for her.

Zoe was a really likable character and I thought the way she felt and acted was pretty realistic. She could be pretty naive about a lot of stuff, though.

Adrien, a revolutionary, was so sweet and I thought he was amazing. Zoe obviously liked him from the start. For that reason, I was so incredibly unhappy with how the author handled another character, Max. He was insistent on loving Zoe, but ran hot and cold all the time. The way the author left things with him, I though was a pretty severe character change.

For the plot, it was really fast-paced and enjoyable. Also, I never expected what happened at the end to occur. It turned out to be so surprising to me. The book left off at a good place, but with a lot of questions unanswered. Glitch really showed you how powerful emotions can be. Adrien and Zoe's romance was so sweet. Glitch really put a lot of things in perspective and was a great read. I’d give it 4 out of 5 flowers.

Review also posted at http://www.thebookbelles.blogspot.com
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glitch.