Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog's Reviews > From Rags

From Rags by Suzanne  Wright

Five++ Bloody Brilliant Stars :)

Okay. I need to calm my arse down a little here. Normally I would swoon over the Hero, but I must say, I loved the heroine more. Yes, I would go bi for this cheeky Brit. Mother Lord Jaxxon was a fantastic female lead. She was not your typical heroine. She’s beautiful, but she’s no where near conceited. She’s ballsy, curses like a sailor, and not at all intimidated by anyone. She tells it how it is and there is no censor on that mouth of hers. She’s mental and I effin love her. God knows I read a ton of books, but Jaxxon is my first ever female crush.

Alright, with that said, I must also give our hero, Connor, his due. It takes a mans-man to tame Jaxxon. Connor is all Alpha. He’s sexy, extremely possessive, and can easily kick anyone’s arse. He doesn’t do relationships. Because of his star status, he could have his pick of any woman, so why settle? Of course there are other reasons why he will never commit, but that’s for you to read and find out. However, Jaxxon is his Achilles heel. He just won’t admit it yet.

Jaxxon and Connor are former foster kids. They grew up together with Connor always looking out for Jaxxon. She’s always had this sort of magnetism that attracts the opposite sex, even the creepers. Connor was always there to fight off any bloke who even looked at her funny. However, when it was time for Connor to leave the system, he left Jaxxon promising her that he would back. Jaxxon has always loved Connor and it devastated her when everyone she loved, especially Connor, left her.

Fast forward eight years. Jaxxon is working as a barmaid working at a shite-hole pub fending off creepers. She always held her own and no one ever intimidated her. Believe it or not, it was at this pub that she was discovered. A model scout, looking for the right face for a new line of cosmetics, found her I-don’t-give-a-shite-I-can-wipe-your-arse-on-the-floor attitude alluring and automatically knew she was the right girl for the job. The more pissed off she was, the better she came off on camera. Jaxxon couldn’t believe she was model. She never thought of herself that way. She was reluctant, but knowing that it would give her financial security she wants to live on her own terms, she took it.

Connor was now a famous Formula One driver. He’s got a shag em’ and leave em’ reputation when it comes to women. It was during another break-up that he happened to notice Jaxxon on a cover of a magazine. He decides to phone her thinking that they could just “catch up”. Jaxxon doesn’t even return his call. He is frustrated and curious to know why. When they unintentionally see each other at a charity event, all hell broke loose. Jaxxon wants nothing to do him and Connor will not take “no” for an answer. What do you pair up an Alpha male and an Alpha female? A f**king great story.

The chemistry between the two was beyond intense. Good God these two were off the bloody charts. I bloody loved everything about their story and add the fact that they were both Brits (and if you know me, I love everything British) and that the story took place in London, how could I not love this story!? It was fantastic and I'm so happy I found this gem. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

-----
 photo Banner2_zps7a6c719e.jpg
Blog: www.sweetspotbookblog.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/SweetSpotBookBlog
Twitter:@thessamari

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Rags.

Quotes Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Liked

Suzanne  Wright
“Even bitches can get a break in life.”

Suzanne  Wright
“Here's something for you to remember; you might have been born into money, but you came out of a vagina the same as everyone else. Popping out of one that's rich doesn't make you anything but lucky, or susceptible to being stuck your own arse. Whichever.”

Suzanne  Wright
“Like it or not, your business became mine the minute you let me inside your body.”

05/18/2012
8.0% "I love Jaxxon. This chick curses like me =)"
05/18/2012
36.0% "HOLY F**K!! Take one extremely Alpha male + one extremely Alpha female and you got one hell of chemistry packed story. This is bloody brilliant <3 =D" 4 comments
05/18/2012
62.0% "Bloody hell. I hate that I have to stop reading and go to sleep. Stupid work. :(" 5 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ellen W-S Great review Tessmari! Just downloaded from amazon for free! Hope to read it soon.

message 2: by Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog (last edited May 20, 2012 06:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Ellen W-S wrote: "Great review Tessmari! Just downloaded from amazon for free! Hope to read it soon."

Thanks, Ellen. This was such a great read and you got it for free?! Awesome! It's a definite must read. =)

message 3: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki This sounds fabulous...can't wait to read it! :)

message 4: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle [Helen Geek] Love, LOVE your reviews! Thank you for this.

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Vicki wrote: "This sounds fabulous...can't wait to read it! :)"

Fantastic! I can't wait to see what you think of it, Vicki =)

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Michelle wrote: "Love, LOVE your reviews! Thank you for this."

Awwww! Thanks, Michelle <3 =)

message 7: by Sab (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sab I had to say thank you! If it weren't for your review, I wouldn't have read this book. And you are right, I love Jaxxon, and yes, I'll take your word for it that I might as well go bi for her. LOL.

Thank you! I would have passed this treasure if it weren't for your great review! :)

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Sabbypot wrote: "I had to say thank you! If it weren't for your review, I wouldn't have read this book. And you are right, I love Jaxxon, and yes, I'll take your word for it that I might as well go bi for her. LOL..."

Oh, my God, Sabbypot! Thank you so much for your wonderful comment =) I'm so happy you loved this book. I absolutely LOVED Jaxxon's spunk and Connor's alpha-ness. Such chemistry, you know? I'm waiting for it to become available on paperback, so that I may add it to my collection. Thank you again for your kind words =D

Janey I loved this...& it is one of the books I pimp!

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Janey wrote: "I loved this...& it is one of the books I pimp!"

I'd pimp it, too! LOVED this book!!