Diana Leigh's Reviews > Molly's Lips: Club Mephisto Retold

Molly's Lips by Annabel Joseph

Jun 03, 12

Read from June 01 to 03, 2012

Like the title says, this novella is a retelling of Club Mephisto from Mephisto's point of view. (Read Club Mephisto first!)

So, when I finished the first book many months ago, I was upset. With Molly. With Mephisto. And especially with Molly's husband/master Clayton. *grrr* The whole time Molly was in Mephisto's care, I thought he was trying to get a message through to her, and it was NOT received. But, I didn't know for sure, because the first book was told from Molly's point of view only.

When I heard about Molly's Lips, I was thrilled. Finally, I'll get inside Mephisto's head. :) I enjoyed Molly's Lips more than the first book, mainly because Mephisto agreed with many of my own opinions about the situation, or at least, I think he did. He tried VERY hard to break through 24/7 slavegirl Molly's shell to find just a hint of the person she used to be. And, damn it, he did find it, but it was fleeting.

Mephisto was an enigma in the first book, and this time around we get to learn more about him and his life. Much like Molly, Mephisto lives in his own "kink bubble." His club and fellow kinksters are his life. No vanillas. :( Food for thought.

There is some hardcore S&M in this book, and, yeah, some of it had me cringing, but some of it was pretty hot too. Poor Molly, so much sobbing!

This is Annabel Joseph, so the writing was superb. Molly and Mephisto's story is as riveting in this book as it was the first time around. It definitely stirred up a lot of emotions for me once again. Of course, since this is a retelling, Molly's Lips ends the same as Club Mephisto. BUT, now we know the story will be continued...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Molly's Lips.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Future Slayer Girl (aka: kitten) I can't WAIT to read this!!!!!!!

Melanie I haven't read this yet, but I've read book two, Burn for You and I really enjoyed learning more about Mephisto and seeing Molly grow as a person. I will be adding this to my reading list.