Catcti's Reviews > River Secrets

River Secrets by Shannon Hale

U_50x66
May 18, 12

Read my reviews at A Sakura Between Pages

I guess I finally understood when people say the first one is always the best. In my opinion, these two sequels can't compare with the first.

Though I was disappointed, I still have to congratulate Shannon Hale for successfully presenting a male point of view. The first two were all from a female protagonist's point of view. However this book was written from a male protagonist's point of view. Razo, I'm sure most of us remember, is the main character this time.

I don't know how a guy think like but if I have to guess, I think Shannon Hale nailed it. Well, at least she nailed an extremely likable and chivalrous guy's way of thinking.

Though I loved Razo, I'm not sure I like the female protagonist so much. I felt she was lacking in many ways and not developed well enough. Unlike Razo, she still feels like a stranger to me. Don't get me wrong. I like her, it's just I don't feel the propinquity with her the way I feel with Razo, Enna and Isi/Annie.

Over all, this book was a great attempt at writing in a male's protagonist's point of view. I enjoyed it, but I prefer The Goose Girl more than River Secrets. Sorry Razo. =]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read River Secrets.