Jeanette's Reviews > The Floating Islands

The Floating Islands by Rachel Neumeier

Jul 03, 12

Read from May 18 to 20, 2012

If i could have, I would have given the book a 4.5 instead of a five. I will admit it was much more enthralling than I had expected when I picked it up. My only comments were that the names at times were a bit confusing, and at times it was slow. However, orverall I really enjoyed it and found it quite captivating, and refreshingly unpredictable.

The book is about the story of a young orphan, trei, who wants despreately to be a kajurai (a person who flies with wings around the floating islands using the magic of the dragons). He was forced to move to the floating islands after a violent volcano destroyed his home town to bits and he was rejected by his first uncle. The magic of the floating island instantIy intrigues him.

Living in his new home he meets his cousin who is a female in a male respecting world. she dresses as a boy and heads into the streets of the city each day to learn more about her passion for cooking. I can't tell you anymore without spoiling the book.

All in all I would surely reccomend it to anyone interested in a unique story full of magic and imagination. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Floating Islands.

05/18/2012 page 111