Lisa Vegan's Reviews > Seven Blind Mice

Seven Blind Mice by Ed Young

Jun 10, 12

bookshelves: childrens, fairy-folktales, fiction, picture-books, reviewed
Recommended to Lisa by: Chandra
Read on June 10, 2012

I love this book. It’s a simple tale about the whole being bigger than the parts, about really seeing, and it manages to teach about colors, numbers 1 through 7, and the days of the week. Immediately knew what the whole was, but young children, having this read to them or reading it for the first time, might find out only when the seventh and last mouse takes a more careful look.

The paper-collage illustrations are very appealing; they’re bright, bold, colorful, and eye catching. I really liked them, at least in connection with this particular story.

It’s very cute and wise. And children of all ages can enjoy it, even the youngest children. It’s not a board book though, so supervision should be given to any young child who might tear the pages. Even after knowing what happens, I think many children will happily and frequently want this one reread.

4 ½ stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seven Blind Mice.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa Vegan And we both loved his book The House Baba Built: An Artist's Childhood in China.

This one is definitely a simpler book in most ways. I'll be interested if you enjoy this one. I'll go check out Seven Fathers.