April's Reviews > The Comforts of Home

The Comforts of Home by Jodi Thomas

Jun 14, 14

bookshelves: contemporary-fiction, family, womens-fiction
Read from March 09, 2013 to June 14, 2014

Kudos to Jodi Thomas. This lady can write for me any time! I love to settle in, relax at the close of a long day and return to Harmony, the town that this author has created. Her characters are well-crafted, complex and real. She's given them emotions and fears--sometimes for good reason. You never know where one of her stories will take you.

With the character Reagan, the petite fiery-haired young woman who has been through so much, a reader gets to see the world from her perspective. Taken in by a surly old man belonging to one of the town's founding families, the interaction between the two is most interesting. The town's female sheriff has her own foibles--and Tyler Wright, the seemingly lonely overweight undertaker is not to be forgotten.

At the risk of giving any portion the story away, I will simply say, if you want to 'meet' good down home folk, if you want to get involved in their lives, if you want to leave the city and travel at a slower pace, then pick up a Harmony novel. Hopefully, you will love each as I do.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Comforts of Home.

06/14/2014 marked as: read