Chanpreet's Reviews > The Chocolate Thief

The Chocolate Thief by Laura Florand

Sep 11, 12

Read in September, 2012

Phenomenal!

Cade Corey has grown up with chocolate in her blood. She's an heiress of the Corey Chocolate Bar that sells for $0.33 at Walmart, but she has a hankering to learn about and sell fine chocolate. So she heads to Paris, hoping get the best chocolatier in Paris to work with her. However, Sylvain Marquis, isn't so eager, and she can't control her blushes around him. So Cade tries some family traditions, like trying to break in and steal Sylvain's secrets, but she just ends up stealing chocolate and gaining worldwide notoriety. Syvlain is attracted to Cade but can't figure out if she wants him or his chocolate recipes. But he does know he has the hots for "The Chocolate Thief."

I love chocolate, so the blurb for this book intrigued and tantalized me, so when I saw this book, I just had to get it and read it, and boy was I glad I did. I was delightfully surprised by the detail explanations given about making gourmet chocolate. I really liked both Cade and Sylvain. Both made assumptions about the other's nature and was surprised to learn that their stereotypes were wrong. I also liked how Cade was not your average spoiled billionaire heiress. There is a sequel scheduled for a Christmas release. And it's a good thing too, because I am hungry for more!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chocolate Thief.