Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > Gifted: A Donovan Circus Novel

Gifted by Liz Long

Sep 08, 12

bookshelves: kindle-lending, kindle-books
Read from August 12 to 14, 2012

This is the third book I have read that involved a circus of some form or another and really, I don't know why I don't read more of them. I have loved every single one of them.

And while they have all been different reads, they have all been just as fabulous and unique as this one was.

I really enjoyed the paranormal aspect in this novel. The characters, the family feel of the circus, the mystery behind the deaths, the details. Everything was just very well done.

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to get to this one, I really am. The author contacted me months ago (yes, I know, bad reviewer!) and I just now was able to squeeze it in. I really wish I would have started it weeks ago. I had a lot of fun reading it and had a hard time putting it down even. I got completely wrapped up in the storyline.

There were some pretty amazing characters, a great storyline, a little romance, a lot of action, lots of gifted people, a crazy scientist and even some mystery thrown in for good measure.

We get the feisty good girl, the loveable sweet boy, the great best friend, and we even get a hot bad boy and of course the whole paranormal/fantasy element I love. Really, what more could I ask for?

And while there is some language in this and obvious violence this really is a great read that while I wouldn't classify as YA I think an older YA audience would be just fine reading it.

Overall I give this one a very solid 4 Stars and I can't wait to read the next installment in the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gifted.