Heather's Reviews > Lord Atwood's Lovers

Lord Atwood's Lovers by Eva Clancy

May 30, 12

bookshelves: historicalromance
Read in May, 2012

I think that this could have been a 4 or 5 star book if it had been longer. I really began to like the characters, but felt that I was only at the tip of them discovering themselves and each other. This says much about the author’s writing, really.

I regularly read ménage stories, so I was able to move quickly past any issues with threesomes. I liked that their relationship was honest enough that she was able to admit her attraction to Alex, and that Charles was able to indulge his appetites as well. That said, I didn’t feel an emotional connection to the characters because there wasn’t enough time. Physically, they steamed up the pages. On an intellectual level, I could see the beginnings of something. But as a reader I couldn’t believe that they were in love (yet). And I usually like to end a book with a clear HEA in place. I wish we had had more of the story before they move to the bedroom, so that I could better understand both Imogen and Alex’s willingness to share Charles, and what this might mean to their future.

I hope that the author continues their stories in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord Atwood's Lovers.