Amanda's Reviews > Girl, Interrupted

Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl, Interrupted.

Quotes Amanda Liked

Susanna Kaysen
“Actually, it was only part of myself I wanted to kill: the part that wanted to kill herself, that dragged me into the suicide debate and made every window, kitchen implement, and subway station a rehearsal for tragedy.”

Susanna Kaysen
“Was I ever crazy? Maybe. Or maybe life is… Crazy isn’t being broken or swallowing a dark secret. It’s you or me amplified. If you ever told a lie and enjoyed it. If you ever wished you could be a child forever. They were not perfect, but they were my friends.”

Susanna Kaysen
“The only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy.”

Susanna Kaysen
“Was everybody seeing this stuff and acting as though they weren't? Was insanity just a matter of dropping the act?”

Susanna Kaysen
“I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent.”

Susanna Kaysen
“I was trying to explain my situation to myself. My situation was that I was in pain and nobody knew it, even I had trouble knowing it. So I told myself, over and over, You are in pain. It was the only way I could get through to myself. I was demonstrating externally and irrefutably an inward condition.”

Susanna Kaysen
“Tell me that you don’t take that blade and drag it across your skin and pray for the courage to press down.”