Katherine Rivera's Reviews > Everybody Says Hello

F 50x66
Jun 07, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from June 05 to 06, 2012

Let me start by saying I've never read anything like it, Everybody Says Hello was a quick read that had me on an emotional roller coaster. I laughed out loud (while at work!); I felt sad for all the things that Sid just couldn't get right, no matter how hard he tried; I experienced such a range of emotions that I couldn't help but to enjoy this book.

Throughout the story, we follow Sid Straw on his journey while he is relocating from Baltimore to Los Angeles for a job opportunity with Velocity Computers. Everybody Says Hello is told from Sid's one-sided correspondence to friends, family members and others around him in a very comical way. I think it's safe to say that we have been in Sid's shoes at some point in our lives where heart break or misunderstanding just leads to an incredible, and at times, unbelievable chain of events. I really can't say more without giving any spoilers! So with that said, if your looking for a funny, quick read entertaining book, this is it!

Oh, and let me end by saying: Eat Wheaties...and no cats here!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everybody Says Hello.

06/05/2012 page 36
12.0% "Reading the book at work with a grin on my face.. people must think im crazy! :-)" 3 comments
show 2 hidden updates…