Jody's Reviews > Teen Titans, Vol. 3: Beast Boys and Girls

Teen Titans, Vol. 3 by Geoff Johns

Jun 04, 12

Read on June 04, 2012

To be totally honest, the only "heroes" I was a fan of growing up was the X-Men. A few years back, Cartoon Network released an "anime" type of series called "Teen Titans". I was an instant fan!

Because I didn't really know the Teen Titans until the Cartoon Network show was released, I didn't really know much about the back story of any of the heroes. I mean, I knew Robin was Batman's sidekick, but the series got me hooked. I started reading this series a while back, but I couldn't find the rest of the series to buy (until I found a local Comic Book Store, that sold them).

The reasons I really enjoyed this graphic novel? I was a big fan of Beast Boy and Raven. The previous vol. introduced you to Raven and gave insight to her past, this vol did that for Beast Boy, Changeling, Garfield Logan, whatever you want to call him. I couldn't put this down until I finished every last page! Not to mention, the artwork is always great in the Teen Titans series!!!

So why only 4 stars? The problem was, unlike the other 2 vols I have read, I found this one, at times, was hard to follow. The speech bubbles didn't always flow, and at times, the story didn't seem to flow either. It was a bit confusing. That being said, don't let that deter you from reading! I recommend it to any Teen Titans fan, only, read the first 2 vols first, to get a sense of how to read graphic novels, they are much easier to follow!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teen Titans, Vol. 3.