Rob Hyatt's Reviews > It's Kind of a Funny Story

It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

U 50x66
May 18, 12

bookshelves: currently-reading

Do you ever read about depression or anxiety? Have you ever luaghed about it? The book, It's Kind Of A Funny Story, is funny, but shouldn't be. Craig Gilner has recently entered a new world. He has got into a prestigous school and is proud of it. Although things start to go down hill for him. when he realizes the amount of work he has to do in each class. it eventually becomes unbearable. Craig Gilner starts to suffer from anxiety then eventually develops into depression. To add to his depression he suffers from Bulemia to.

Becuase the world he knew was falling apart he starts lacking sleep and has to be institutionalized. Not for long though. Only five days. I'd have to admit Craig took the first step to recovery. He checked himself into a hospital. From there they sent him to a mental hospital. Craig also makes some rather interesting friends. one is a sex addict, a guy who proclaimed himself president in the mental hospital, and a girl who cut her fave with a pair of scissors.

It's Kind Of A Funny Story made me luagh at things I shouldn't. Maybe that's why I like the book, by Ned Vizzini. But, if one reads about depression or anxiety and wants to read a twist of it he or she should read It's Kind Of A Funny Story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Kind of a Funny Story.

05/18/2012 page 251