Ren's Reviews > The Black Jewels Trilogy: Daughter of the Blood, Heir to the Shadows, Queen of the Darkness

The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop

Jan 11, 10

bookshelves: fantasy, favorites, creepy, i-cried, supernatural, suspense, must-reread, series, i-can-haz-romance
Recommended to Ren by: Velma
Recommended for: Fantasy lovers, young adults.
Read in October, 2008 — I own a copy

One of the best fantasy novels that I have read in a very long time. It was easy to read, but the plot line was in-depth enough to make it mind provoking. It had a very sexual air to the trilogy, without a doubt, but it did not seem unecessary. In fact, it was very well encooperated and gave a feeling of belonging--as if that way of life was actually, not so much reasonable, as it is realistic. It is kept in check quite well to avoid it from becoming a smut series, which delighted me quite enthusiastically. The characters were also well developed, and the place of "Hell" was given a whole new objective approach. Characters had names such as Saetan, Lucivar, and Damien. However, they were not bad characters and Hell was not a bad place. This series seems to take our..."opinion" of what is right and wrong, and gives it an all new perspective. It demonstrates not the evil in immortal beings, but the cruelty in Human beings. A fantastic novel that will be staying on my shelf for many years to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Jewels Trilogy.