Meg - A Bookish Affair's Reviews > The Book of Tomorrow

The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern

May 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012, fiction
Read on May 21, 2012

This book started out a little slowly for me but I ended up really liking it. Cecelia Ahern definitely knows how to tell a good story. I've read a few books by her, including "P.S. I Love You," which I just learned from the back of "The Book of Tomorrow" that she wrote it when she was in her very early 20s. How cool is that?

Tamara is a great character with a really good transition. She's a teen who has just had her life uprooted after she loses her father. She starts out as sort of a spoiled brat but definitely grows throughout the book. I love character transitions in books. It's awesome when you really get to see someone change and become a much better person. I think those transitions can be hard to write and to make believable but Ahern does it well in this case.

I also liked the little bit of magic in the book. It almost verges on magical realism, one of my favorite genres. I would have liked to know more about the origins of the magic but not having that really didn't seem to take away from the book.

With summer pretty much being here, this would be the perfect book to get lost in by the beach or on a long car trip. It's definitely a fun read! I also think that this book would be a good adult crossover read for young adult fiction lovers. There is a little, tiny bit of content that may not be great for young adults but it really is just a tiny little bit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Tomorrow.