Amy Watt's Reviews > Stolen Away

Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey

Jul 16, 12

bookshelves: fantasy-sci-fi-and-paranormal, romance, young-adult
Read from July 11 to 16, 2012

I don't usually like fairy romance books. They're all a bit...blah. Sometimes there's just too much and sometimes they're a bit bland. But I really enjoyed this. I probably wouldn't have read it if I hadn't liked the author's other works. So let's begin, shall we?

Eloise and Jo (and Devin, but he doesn't get a point of view chapter-thing) are best friends and their lives are changed one night when Eloise gets kidnapped by the Fae. The Fae king wants to extend his rule (because they're only allowed to rule for seven years at a time) and Eloise is his way of doing just that.

Jo and Devin (and a few others) help her (after she's escaped - she manages to do that with her's aunt's help) to bring down the king and to make everything alright in the Fae world again.

There was one thing I didn't like about this book and that was the ending. It was a bit...abrupt. It just ended. Also, Jo and Eloise are mortal (i.e. they'll grow old and die), whilst the men they get with are Fae and immortal (i.e. they won't grow old and die). That topic never came up at all so I was left wondering about what would happen to them in the future.

Other than that it was a very enjoyable read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen Away.