Victor Gentile's Reviews > Flame of Resistance

Flame of Resistance by Tracy Groot

Jun 16, 12

Read in June, 2012

Tracy Groot in her new book, “Flame of Resistance” published by Tyndale House Publishers brings us to France in World War II.
From the Back Cover: On the brink of D-Day in Normandy, France.

Nazi occupation has stolen much from Brigitte Durand. Family. Freedom. Hope for a future. Forced to turn her home into a Germans-only brothel to survive, Brigitte clings to patriotism by sneaking food to the French Resistance and the downed airmen they’re hiding nearby.

When American fighter pilot Tom Jaeger is shot down and picked up by the Resistance, he becomes the linchpin in their plan to leverage Brigitte’s sympathy. By posing as a German officer, Tom can smuggle out critical intel she acquires from other soldiers about the nearby bridges, whose capture and defense will be crucial to Allied forces.

D-day looms, and everyone knows invasion is imminent. But so is treachery. When loyalties are betrayed, the life of one American pilot jeopardizes everything. He becomes more important than the mission to a man who cannot bear to lose another agent…and to a woman who is more than just a prostitute, who finally realizes her courage could change history.

I like history. I also like World War II spy stories. Tracy Groot gave it all to me in “Flame of Resistance”. This is a highly suspenseful thriller as both Tom and Brigitte’s lives are in constant peril. On this alone this book would be worth the read. However, Ms. Groot is a very good storyteller who knows her Bible and “Flame of Resistance” is a fancy retelling of the story when the two Israeli Spies entered Jericho, were found out and Rahab, the prostitute kept them safe and smuggled them to safety over the wall. There are some great themes in this book: The value of one person and the effects of that persons actions on history and how powerful we are when God backs up our actions. Ms. Groot has given us an interesting story filled with lots of excitement and romance as well as history. I liked it a lot and recommend it highly!

If you would like to listen to interviews with other authors and professionals please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 hours non-stop Christian music please visit our internet radio station http://www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Tyndale House Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flame of Resistance.