Prashant's Reviews > Sideways Stories from Wayside School

May 18, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: waiting-in-my-shelf, major-disappointment, children
Read in June, 2012

This was my reaction when I realized that I have not forgotten to pack this book for my Mumbai trip.

And this was my expression throughout the period when I was reading the book.

description

I had so many expectations from it and maybe that led to the epic fall. I so wanted to like it. I wanted another Wimpy Kid in my kitty on which I can fall back on whenever I need.

But this is no Wimpy Kid, oh hell, it sucks as intensely as the Fudge kid in Fudge-a-mania.

Here are some drudgery tales served on a please-like-me-i-am-so-cute plot and it sucks right from the word GO!.

Don't waste your time with this when you have much better stuff lying out there.

And now a note for Louis Sachar

I already have Holes and Small Steps waiting in my shelf. If they suck as much as this one, I am sure going to cut your bald head.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sideways Stories from Wayside School.

08/25/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Kritika (new)

Kritika Swarup pretty well expressed!!

Prashant Thank You! :)

message 3: by Anurag (new)

Anurag Kesarwani ha ha....."cut bald head"!!

Prashant Anurag wrote: "ha ha....."cut bald head"!!"

Dude, What are you alluding to.
It's a dil se statement from one ganja to another. :)

message 5: by Anurag (new)

Anurag Kesarwani Prashant wrote: "Anurag wrote: "ha ha....."cut bald head"!!"

Dude, What are you alluding to.
It's a dil se statement from one ganja to another. :)"

"Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough."
You are in the grp of elites :P

Prashant You are THE Man, brother! :)

message 7: by Nilesh (last edited Jun 12, 2012 11:35PM) (new)

Nilesh Kashyap I have watched the movie Holes and it was good, but in that there is one sub-story of kissin' Kate Barlow, which was best thing in the whole movie, really good.

Prashant Nilesh wrote: "I have watched the movie Holes and it was good, but in that there is one sub-story of kissin' Kate Barlow, which was best thing in the whole movie, really good."

I haven't seen the movie Nilesh. I always try to read the book first before watching the movie or else I just keep on comparing stuff through out the read which hinders the enjoyment!

Malak You've got it all wrong. This book does NOT suck. You do.

Milad El-Darzi your a fucking idiot

Katie Hey, OP, do me a favor please? Come back and review this book when you understand comedy in literature. Because right now you're making a very un-funny ass out of yourself.

message 12: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann Moody Well, you are of course entitled to your opinion, but keep in mind, this is a children's book. There are plenty of books I don't really enjoy as an old grumpy adult that are gleefully devoured by their target audience. This series is definitely twisted, and of course that won't work for everyone.

message 13: by Victor (new) - added it

Victor Zepeda martinez Damn im still hoping that i can find this book somewhere out here. how can u not love wayside school books. damn shame.

message 14: by Ivy (new)

Ivy Kim I love what you made.!!!!!!!!!!!!

heidi You are such cute little boy