Rebecca's Reviews > The Catastrophic History of You and Me

The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg

Jul 13, 2012

bookshelves: tears-were-shed
Read on July 13, 2012

Wow, this was so much better than I thought it would be. I love it when that happens. I went to the library today to pick up some holds, and then I went to the teen section to browse for a second to see if there was anything there that would grab my attention. I noticed The Catastrophic History Of You and Me towards the bottom of the shelf, and I debated about getting it. Finally, I thought what the heck and started it in the library to see if I liked it. And it grabbed me and refused to let go.

I can't remember the last time I read a book this long in one day. It really has been a while. I haven't really thought about it until now, but it's true.

This story made me laugh quite a few times, out loud, which I can always appreciate, and there was never a dull moment. I loved Brie, Patrick, and all the other characters. Brie's story was heartbreaking. And, surprisingly, not very predictable.

The romance was sweet, and again, surprising. I also really loved all the chapter titles with different songs, a lot of them from the 80s. Personally, I love 80s music, so I recognized most the songs, so when Brie quoted them, I could play the melodies in my head, and it just made everything more emotional for me.

This is a really awesome novel, and I'm so glad I picked it up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Catastrophic History of You and Me.

07/13/2012 page 148
39.0% "I have LOL'd at this a few times already."

message 1: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Sylvia Oh that's good to hear I bought this a month ago and still haven't read it LOL

Rebecca Really? You should! It is much better than the summary makes it out to be.

message 3: by Sylvia (new) - added it

Sylvia Yeah I will eventually my books are just piling up and I can't read faster than I am already LOL

Rebecca I know the feeling. LOL

Madisen This was a great book and I liked it more than I thought I would also!

Madisen This was a great book and I liked it more than I thought I would also!