Nenia Campbell's Reviews > The Truly Tasteless Scratch and Sniff Book

The Truly Tasteless Scratch and Sniff Book by Andrew Donkin

2190064
Mar 06, 14

my mom is a total snob when it comes to humor. if it isn't satirical, cynical, or british, it's totally wasted on her. poop jokes are for plebeians!

so you can understand my and my siblings' surprise when my mom came home with this book from god-knows-where and says, mystifyingly, "this looks like something you might like." of course, the first thing we noticed was that it looked like somebody had puked on the cover - and scratch n' sniff? that's better than the concept of bernie bott's every flavor beans!

this is the bathroom edition of ripley's believe it or nots! all the facts you ever wanted - or didn't want - to know about poop, vomit, sweat, germs, farts, rotting food, replete with smells that approximate the odors of the aforementioned. are they realistic? um, yeah. in fact, you probably don't want to look at this book before meals, after meals, or in fact, if you want to eat anything at all ever again.

i was a huge fan of this during my captain underpants and the dumb bunnies phases, but it had the added benefit of supplying me with useless and gross information that i could spring on my unsuspecting friends and family. you have to understand that as a ten-year-old, this is equivalent to finding gold in the california gold rush 1849. gold! gold! comedic gold!

i'm surprised that this book has zero ratings and reviews. really? are kids so busy swallowing down twilight and hunger games that they've lost what's really important about childhood: being as inappropriate and disgusting as you want before your parents lose all patience and hose you down in the front yard and/or rinse your mouth out with soap? how sad.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truly Tasteless Scratch and Sniff Book.