Kristin (Young Adult Book Haven)'s Reviews > Sovereign Hope

Jun 02, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read from May 23 to June 02, 2012

My Thoughts:

First of all, a huge thank you to Frankie Rose who gave me the opportunity to read and review her book, which I am so glad that I did because I really enjoyed it. Sovereign Hope is one of those books that takes you on a journey an when you are done, you really feel like you have been on a crazy ride. My first impression was ooh, I love this cover and it really drew me in and got me interested in the book.

This story was definitely not like most of other YA reads out there I felt that the plot was something new and different, something we haven't seen before which was awesome and I was immediately captivated by the world that Frankie Rose was creating. The story jumps right into action from the very start. We meet our main character Farley Hope. Farley was just your average seventeen year old girl until her mother mysteriously disappeared one day by walking out of work and never returning, leaving Farley all on her own. I immediately knew that Farley was going to be one tough girl, she was completely on her own and she wasn't just going to let her mother's disappearance fall by the wayside. She was calling the police as much as possible and asking about her mother's case constantly making sure that anything new they found she would know about. But, Farley's whole entire life changes when she meets Daniel. Sitting in traffic in L.A. (which I have heard is horrible lol) driving to hang up missing posters of her mom, she is approached by a super hot guy (Daniel), who then proceeds to tell her she is being followed and she needs to go with him. Now, I don't know about you guys but, if I was in this situation I would think this guy was crazy, your mother had already disappeared and some stranger wants you to go with him, I don't think so. Until she see's that Daniel is right and there are a bunch of men coming after her.

The villains of the story are the Reavers, immortal people who have a whole civilization underneath the streets of the city. Reavers, get their powers from taking people's life force or energy, I really enjoyed learning about them and the secrets behind their society and how Farley was involved in the whole story. Next, onto Daniel, I loved him so much because he was just your typical guy, he loved cars and building engines. The interactions between him and Farley had me laughing out loud with each of them handing sarcastic quips back and forth to each other, pretending that they both weren't attracted to t the other ( a total guy thing in my opinion), pretend you don't like a girl by being mean to her. But, as the story progressed you learn more about Daniel and his and Farley's relationship grew and changed with the plot.

Overall, this was a great read!, it had a little bit of something for everyone, action and adventure, romance, and a strong female lead. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys paranormal stories and someone who hasn't read paranormal, because although the villains were not vampires or werewolves, it still had the same type of feel I get when I read those books. Definitely check it out!

Happy Reading!
Kristin
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sovereign Hope.

06/02/2012