Shauna's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dreadfully Ever After

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Steve Hockensmith

May 17, 12

bookshelves: read-for-blog-review
Read in March, 2011

Disclaimer: I got this book free for review.

In P&P&Z, we read of the exploits of the warrior tribe of Bennett sisters and their on-going search for suitable husbands. In the end, Miss Elizabeth Bennett found her match not only in love, but in combat as well. She and Mr.Fitzwilliam Darcy were wed much to the chagrin of The Great Lady Catherine de Bourgh, aunt of the groom.

(view spoiler) I loved this book. I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats. No, wait, that's something else.

I really did enjoy it. For those of you who may be Austin purists, set aside your preconceived notions and read it just for larks. It's worth it. It in no way has spoiled the love I have for the original Un-zombiefied version. It's all apples and oranges to me. Think less classic-literature-adulterated and more zombie-books-risen-to-new-heights.

As the back cover blurb says, P&P&Z: Dreadfully Ever After brings the story to a thrilling conclusion complete with romance, heartbreak, martial arts, cannibalism, and an army of shambling corpses. Chocked full of surprises (you've always wondered what was to become of Mary Bennett, haven't you....or just how long Wickham and Lydia could make their scandalously patched up marriage work), Dreadfully Ever After does not disappoint.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.