Kristin's Reviews > Storm

Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

Jun 28, 12

Read from May 17 to 25, 2012

Let's talk about my lady-crush on Brigid Kemmerer, shall we? It's fierce! And up until this very moment it was my little secret. Shhh...

Who can blame me? I'd heard SO MANY amazing things about her book (Thanks to BFF Sarah) that it became kind of impossible not to pick up. I mean, come on! Kemmerer had me at "Sexy Muscles and Rainy Shirts scene". (I KNOW, RIGHT???!!!) Have no idea what I am talking about? Well, I'll give you a brief recap: Clothes. Clinging on bodies. Hot BOY bodies. Also, lots of tension. The sexy kind! And obviously there's me...running my hands down Gabriel's--err...WAIT! Where was I?

*wipes drool off keyboard*

Ah yes, Brigid Kemmerer's deliciously addictive debut novel, Storm.

*cue thunder*

But where do I begin? How does one articulate the sexy-boy power that emanates from the Merrick Brothers? Or even just the Merrick twins? (Oh yeah, there are twins!) *double drool* Just disregard the fact that I am drooling on myself at a pretty ridiculous rate and I swear I'll get to my other feelings towards this book. All of which are positive. Very positive.

I knew this book would be something special. I remember pausing at every other page because I wanted to take it all in. I wanted to really experience the book and immerse myself in Brigid's refreshingly new world. I wanted to savor these characters and journey with them. Most importantly, I wanted to make it last. Too bad that was a bust! The book was so good it fully consumed me...or better yet, I totally consumed it!

It was hard not to as each of Brigid's characters were so special and really drew you into the story. Their distinct personalities really shined through and I couldn't help but connect and react to them. The character that surprised me most, however, was Chris. I was delightfully surprised by his sensitivity. I am so used to reading about these tough and super-macho guys that I was genuinely charmed by the fact that he gets his ass handed to him within the first couple of pages. It made him vulnerable and endearing and...well, he's totally worked his way into my heart.

You know who else holds a special spot there? The novel's protagonist, Becca. I loved the way her character developed as the book progressed. Not that she started off as a weakling, she was anything but, I just admired that she took control of her life and really came into her own by the end of the novel.

In all honesty, I could not have had a more thrilling experience with Storm. The plot was great, the pace was beyond fantastic and I'm pretty sure I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Definitely one of my favorite books this year!

Now I want MORE!!! You hear me, Brigid?? MOOOORRRREEEEE!!!

*composes self*

Oh god, I've turned into a crazed blogger lusting wildly over fictional characters...

*shrugs*

Then again, what else is new?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm.

05/22/2012 page 70
20.0% "I am officially OBSESSED with this book!" 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rachel Enjoy! its an amazing book!

Kristin That's what I hear!! I am SOOOO excited to start :D

Rachel I was too! I literally jumped up and down in the middle of reading it because it was as amazing as i anticiapted!
I was re-reading Storm a little today as i was adding finishing touches to my review. its so good, its re-readable!
Anyways, have fun reading!

Kristin OMG! Now I am even MORE excited :D Aaahhh, I can't wait to really get into it. It's really intriguing so far and I am only on page 30!!!

Cecilia Gray and to think - this was just the start of the madness