Marcia's Reviews > Shadowfever

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

Jun 09, 12

bookshelves: why-did-i-bother

5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowfever.

Susana Perfect! :D

Susana Hi Marcia! Good memory! If you hadn't mention it, i probably wouldn't have made the connection. Yes, she does mention the "not feeling normal her whole life", but, as far i remember, she never, prior to that statement ever mentioned something of the like. She was the sunny, funny, at peace with her life/family/friends/nail polish, etc, girl. So that really, was unexpected.
The author probably wanted to give her another "depth" or something, but, now that you mentioned it, that really came out of the blue. And really without any basis to support that argument.
So no, you're not crazy about this! If you were, i would be as well...we would be, under the influence of a collective delusion caused by severe trauma to the brain induced by tons of illogical, and convoluted story that the author provided us with. (laughing)
God, i really don't miss Mac.

message 3: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Marcia, I'm with you as far as being bewildered as to why so many people love this series. I guess I just never warmed up to Mac. I didn't dislike her but I could never understand why in the world Barrons would want her at all. And actually, I read up to book three and took a break and have never made it back to finish the series even though I have the fourth book sitting on my shelf. Yep, I left Mac in the hands of the Unseelie Princes (or were they the Seelie, I forget) and I've yet to go back to rescue her.