Sara's Reviews > Teach Yourself Visually Crocheting

Teach Yourself Visually Crocheting by Cecily Keim

Oct 21, 08

bookshelves: crafting
Read in October, 2008

I am technically still using this book, but I feel like I've gotten a good enough idea of its merits as an instructional manual to write something about it. I think for anyone who learns well through trial and error, this book will be extremely helpful. The pictures could be better, i.e., they could more clearly demonstrate the precise step being discussed, but the "plain english" instructions are great and quite illustrative. If you're the kind of person who likes having a teacher handy, someone to get you out of a mess, to clarify what's confusing you, this book may be helpful but you'll still want to seek out actual instruction. I'm the kind of gal who likes to lock myself in a room and just try this stuff solo, over and over again, figuring out by myself what I've loused up, so this book did the trick - I've already created a number of crocheted items and feel more comfortable with it every day. Learning styles are so different, I wouldn't recommend this to just anyone, but for the book-learners out there I would recommend it without hesitation.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teach Yourself Visually Crocheting.